Just because a lot of TV is stupid doesn't mean we have to be.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Who will win America's Got Talent?

Well, that's a dumb question. Creepy opera girl, of course.

Really? Maybe not. Maybe Piers "I suck lemons" Morgan's endless flogging of that little "angel" will backfire and America will think, "Hmm. I don't know. Maybe the harp and the tiara (read: halo) were a little too much." And vote for Michael Grimm.

Or maybe America will think putting little Jackie Evanko in a white dress and bathing her in white light and then having Howie talking about how seeing her and hearing her is akin to having a near-death experience is just gross, and vote for Prince Poppycock, who is also an amazing opera singer and, oh yes, a grown up.

Or maybe, just maybe, America will have noticed how intricate Fighting Gravity's performance was, how it was a whole good vs. evil, heaven vs. hell, God vs. Satan sort of struggle that included, at one point, the men in red hanging upside down, and think, "Now, that's awesome," and vote for them.

I'd go see a Prince Poppycock show, because it's a lot like Lady Gaga if she were a sophisticated drag queen with an amazing voice. I'd go see a Michael Grimm show because I love the way he sings. I'd go see a Fighting Gravity show because it is very, very cool. But in a hundred million years I would not go see that little girl sing her big opera.

I'm just sayin'. Or maybe I'm the only one freaked out/creeped out by little Jackie, and she's going to win in a landslide.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna watch it just so I can comment later...since everyone blew me off for Margarita's at Milagro. Can you imagine? Perhaps they're all staying home to watch the finale....I was hoping for a different type of finale, but this will do....

    ReplyDelete